- Both Kraken and Coinbase have been experiencing connectivity issues in the past hour.
- Just before 19:00 UTC, Kraken announced That we are investigating reports from users who are having trouble connecting to Kraken on both desktop and mobile.
- The issue was still under investigation at press time.
- coin base I got it I had a similar issue where some users were unable to sign in to their accounts and it was slow to load. The exchange was able to identify the issue and implement a fix within an hour.
- The connectivity issues experienced by the exchange led to rumors of a service outage due to a “bank run.”
- Bitcoin’s price has broken below its June lows and is struggling to reach $18,000 at the time of writing. A sharp drop in FTT has dragged the rest of the market down, devastating Bitcoin’s price.
- As previously covered by CryptoSlate, the price of FTT skyrocketed and crashed on the news that Binance was looking to acquire FTX.
- The exchange has been struggling with bankruptcy rumors for days. FTX today conceded defeat saying he needed an investment from Binance to solve the liquidity crisis.
Coinbase, the Kraken down post first appeared on CryptoSlate as Bitcoin fell below June lows.