How To Create Your Own Auto-GPT AI Agent
To get good output from ChatGPT or another LLM, you usually need to feed some prompts. But what if you could give an AI bot a fairly broad set of goals at the start of a session and sit back while it generated its own set of tasks to accomplish those goals? That’s the idea behind Auto-GPT, a new open-source tool that uses an API (the same LLM as ChatGPT) to prompt you based on your initial input.
From creating marketing plans to analyzing market data for investment, many Twitter users Prepare your podcast topicBased on our hands-on experience, it doesn’t always work (we asked them to write a how-to for Windows 11 and the results were terrible), it’s still early days and some Tasks may work better than others.
If you want to try Auto-GPT on your computer, you can easily install it. There are some pain points in the process, but we found ways to use them, or work around them, and created this summary guide on how. Create your own Auto-GPT AI to help you reach your goals.
What you need for this project
- Windows 10 or 11 PC
- An OpenAI API account.worldYou can get a few dollars of credits for free, but you have to pay for extra tokens.
Create an Auto-GPT AI agent
1. Download and install git. When prompted to choose a text editor, choose the most appropriate editor. I decided to use Notepad++. All other selections can be left at their defaults. Installation of git is not required. If not, skip to step 4 and click the ZIP link.
2. Download and install the latest version of Python for Windows. During the installation process you will be asked to update your path to include Python. This is essential for use throughout the Python system.
3. open command prompt and Go to your desktop folder.
Four. Use this command to clone of Copy the repository to your desktop folder. Or you can do Download and extract the ZIP archive.
git clone https://github.com/Torantulino/Auto-GPT.git
Five. Change directories so that you are inside the Auto-GPT folder. Leave this command prompt open as you will need it later.
6. Install all required packages using the Python package manager pip. Please note that this will take several minutes to complete.
pip install -r requirements.txt
7. Open .env.template in a text editor.
8. Go to OpenAI API key page. If you don’t have an OpenAI account, create one.Free and uses Google login.
Ten. In the dialog, copy your API key. Note that the API key will not be revealed again once this dialog is closed. You have to create a new key.
11. In the .env.template file, Replace the retention text with your API key [名前を付けて保存]then click[名前を付けて保存]Click. Save the file in the same folder as the .env
12. Run Auto-GPT with this command at the prompt:
13. When prompted, provide a name for your API and a goal. These details are saved in a file called “ai_settings”. Here is the content of my file.
ai_goals: - Create project ideas using AI and Raspberry Pi - Create projects for intermediate users - Use the Python programming language - Save the ideas to a file - once done, terminate ai_name: PiProjectsBot ai_role: Create cool ideas for Raspberry Pi projects
The AI will then start the investigation process. In our case, we were asked to perform a series of steps to perform research on our Raspberry Pi project.
14. press Y Allow the AI to start the process. This can take some time and the AI will ask for confirmation when performing these tasks.
15. Press Y again to enable each task. or “y -[NUMBER]” where [NUMBER] The number of steps to complete before asking for permission again.Depending on the goal set, the AI will run until the task is completedseconds. In our case, we generate a file containing the idea for our Raspberry Pi project.
You may or may not need to add payment information to your OpenAI account. By default, the system will give you a certain amount of free credits. In the case of Avram Piltch, the editor-in-chief, it was $18 worth of free credits that he was able to use without entering a payment method. He may not get many free credits or he may need to add a payment method to his OpenAI account to continue.