In some cases, you may need a little more storage space. One of the easiest ways to do this on your Mac is to uninstall apps you no longer use.
However, on Macs (including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro), you can uninstall apps in several different ways depending on where you installed the app (on the web or the Mac App Store). increase.
Here are some ways to clean up apps you no longer use from your Mac to free up space and make things easier to organize.
Here’s how to uninstall an app on Mac:
How to uninstall a Mac app downloaded from the Mac App Store
1. open launchpadfrom the dock if docked, or[Finder]>[アプリケーション]can be accessed from
image 1 of 2
2. Click until the app shakes, similar to the effect on iPhone and iPad. You can also hold down the Option (⌥) key.
3. Click the delete button (small X). in the upper-left corner of the App Store app you want to remove.
Four. Click “Delete” when asked for confirmation.
How to uninstall Mac apps downloaded from the web
1. Open Finder and go to your Applications folder. It’s in the left sidebar. (If you installed the app somewhere other than this folder, it should be there. Consider using Spotlight to find it.)
2. Drag the app to Trash at the dock.Or you can do Right-click the app you want to uninstall,[ゴミ箱に移動]Click.
image 1 of 2
3. Empty the Trash. You can right-click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash. or,[Finder]>[ゴミ箱を空にする]Go to.
Deleting apps via Finder mostly works. They cannot be viewed and must be reinstalled to use them. However, some residual data may remain in the hidden “Library” folder. Most people won’t notice, but if you’re like me, you’ll want to know that everything is really, really gone.
How to uninstall Mac apps and residual data using AppCleaner
I like free 3rd party software to uninstall not just apps but any data that may be left behind app cleaner (However, developers are accepting donations if they are doing charity work). Here’s how to use it:
1. Open AppCleaner.
2. AppCleaner the apps you want to uninstall.
3. [削除]Click. Move everything listed to the Trash.
Four. empty trash
If you feel like it, you can look up the library yourself without using 3rd party software, but I’ve used this method for years with no problems (and it’s less risk of breaking things. rice field).
About the uninstaller
Some Mac applications downloaded from the web come with an auxiliary app called an uninstaller. These are rare these days, but if you do, running the app will delete both the software and any leftover data.