If you own an Nvidia graphics card, it best graphics card For today’s or older models, you should keep it up to date. For that, you should regularly check for new drivers and update to the latest.
Nvidia publishes new drivers frequently. It introduces new features, adds new optimizations to existing and newly released games, and keeps your GPU running as smoothly as possible. With the latest he Nvidia drivers, your favorite games either run very well or at their best.
There are two main ways to update your Nvidia drivers. One way is to use Nvidia’s GeForce Experience software, and the other is to go to Nvidia’s driver download page. This how-to covers both.
Here’s how to update your Nvidia GPU drivers:
Updating Nvidia Drivers Using GeForce Experience
This is the method I usually use. Nvidia’s GeForce Experience is the easiest way to keep your Nvidia GPU drivers up to date.
1. Download and install Nvidia GeForce Experience
To do this, you’ll need to install the GeForce Experience software. Get it directly from Nvidia here (opens in new tab). Follow the prompts to install the software. Also, you need to create an account. This is one of the GeForce Experience’s biggest drawbacks. AMD’s Radeon software does not require this.
In some cases, GeForce Experience may notify you that a new driver is ready. This will take you directly to the download page. It will be as follows.
However, if you want to check manually, please continue.
2. go to driver A tab in the upper right corner of the app.
3. Click Check for Updates. Skip this step if the update is already queued.
Four. Click “Download”“Next to Updates.
Five. Select an installation type. For many people “Fast Install” is the way to go. A custom install allows you to remove specific components such as audio drivers, USB-C drivers, PhysX system software, or choose to do a clean install.
image 1 of 2
The driver will be installed. just wait. This only takes a few minutes.
Once completed, you will receive a confirmation.Click with confidence near. You need to restart your PC.
Manually update the Nvidia GPU driver
If you don’t need the other features that come with GeForce Experience, or just don’t want to log in, you can still update the drivers for your Nvidia GPU. The other primary way to do this is by going directly to Nvidia’s Download Drivers site.
1. go to Nvidia’s driver download page is here (opens in new tab).
2. Enter in the dropdown Match your graphics card. Note that you must specify whether you are using a desktop or notebook GPU in the “Product Series” section.
In “Download Type”, gamers may prefer to use Game Ready Drivers, while artists, photographers, and other creatives may prefer to select Studio Drivers.
3. Click Search. The website shows the latest drivers available.
Four. Click Download. The driver will go to your Downloads folder.
Five. open launcher to your downloads folder.
6. [OK]Click. Select an extraction path.
7. wait while the driver is being extracted.
8. select Need drivers, or need both drivers and GeForce Experience. Click Agree and Continue.
9. Choose your installation type you want Custom allows you to choose the components you want, but expresses the recommended choices. Click Next.
10. Wait Allow the installation to complete.
11. restart your pc Finish the installation.