In addition to many fixes addressing Maximum Security Achievement/Trophy bugs, the latest update to The Callisto Protocol adds New Game+.
Share Striking Distance Studios Patch notes for the v. 3.01 update on Reddit, And finally, players can dive into the horrors of the Callisto Protocol after rolling credits with all weapons, upgrades, and Callisto credits.
Some other fixes include general performance optimizations, players no longer take damage when vaulting over objects, audio leveling and subtitle discrepancies adjustments, and more.
A full list of changes in update v. 3.01 can be found below.
- Users who previously completed the game will be able to access NewGame+ after the patch.
- An application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not properly awarded the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Completing a game unlocks New Game Plus and your progress carries over to the new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto credits can be collected in the first evolution.
- General performance optimizations on all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when jumping over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could drain the environment and cause Jacob to fall through the ground.
- Consistency pass for cabinets, lockers and shelves to display correctly in high contrast mode
- Audio leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustment between localized languages
- Fixed an infrequent crash in Tunnel level during Two Head fight.
- [シネマティックスをスキップ]Button mapped to Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed long hitching when enabling raytraced shadows in the main menu
- Prevented the mouse cursor from appearing during some area transitions
- Fixed Snowcat infrequent crash when Jacob is talking to Dani
A review for The Callisto Protocol said it was “a brutal spiritual successor to the Dead Space series, but ultimately more a striking modern imitation than a terrifying new mutation.”
Callisto protocol review screen
For more information, check out the performance review on The Callisto Protocol, the game’s full wiki. The new title reportedly failed to meet the company’s sales expectations after being described as a “four times A” game.
Any tips? Want to talk about possible stories?please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.