Whether you’re reading this on Christmas Day or a few days before, it may be too late to order a physical gift online and have it arrive on December 25th or the day after. What if you forgot to give someone a gift and need it now? Luckily, in the age of the internet, it’s possible to buy a digital gift and have it delivered quickly via email, even on Christmas Day. I can do it. You can also print your gift on paper if you are meeting the recipient in person.
One of the most obvious, yet unremarkable, gifts to give someone is a gift certificate to a store that sells everything, like Amazon. It’s like giving someone a bundle of cash, helpful but not particularly thoughtful. It’s a good idea to buy a gift that focuses on the person’s interests and shows that you really care about them.
You can purchase digital gift certificates at select specialty stores or purchase gifts to access online services such as video streaming and game streaming brands. You can even get a certificate to create your own action figure.
To help you choose, we’ve compiled a list of the best last-minute digital gifts for the tech enthusiast or someone in your life who’s a little geeky.
1. Digital Game Store Gift Card
How about a gift card for the console or PC online store for the gamer in your life? Whether you’re a Sony or Xbox faction, a Nintendo fan or a PC gamer, we have a digital storefront for every platform. Some stores offer the option to add more currency to your store wallet. Alternatively, you can give the game directly as a gift and allow it to be freely downloaded once the recipient accepts it.
Gift cards range in price from $5 to over $100, and games vary in price.
2. Hasbro Selfie Series Action Figure
Holy cow! You can scan your face and put it on a real plastic action figure with a variety of body choices, from Iron Man to Mandalorian to Black his Widow to GI Joe’s Snake Eye. While you can’t scan a giver’s face and get a figure in minutes, you can get a digital gift code to make a Hasbro Selfie series action figure for just $59.
3. Individual competition
Now that most games are natively digitized rather than hard copies on disc, it’s easier than ever to give someone a game directly to their account or device. You can purchase digital game codes from various websites, such as Steam and Amazon, where you can download them directly by entering the code.
Below are some suggestions.
- pokemon scarlet (opens in new tab) (Nintendo Switch, $59): When you haven’t caught it all yet.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (opens in new tab) (PC/Xbox, $47): Flight Simulator makes you feel like you’re flying a real plane in a world realistically created to fly above you.
- Halo Infinite (opens in new tab) (PC/Xbox, $24): Master Chief is embarking on his most ambitious adventure yet.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (opens in new tab) (Xbox Cross Gen Edition $69): Join Thorpe, Ghost and Captain on the greatest missions around the world.
- Deathloop (opens in new tab) (PC $12): Two rival assassins trapped in a time loop must find a way to escape.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (opens in new tab) (PC $24): Investigating the Causes of Bizarre Phenomena in Downtown Tokyo
4. Streaming subscription
Whether it’s music or movies, nothing beats the gift of content. Here are some services you can purchase.
- Disney+ (opens in new tab) ($109.99/year): A great gift for non-Disney+ subscribers, this service gives you access to every Star Wars, Marvel, Disney, and Pixar content imaginable.
- bullet box ($79.99 for one year): The ultimate gift for fans of British TV shows, especially Doctor Who, BritBox is the only place in the US where you can stream all 26 seasons of the classic Doctor Who. Also included are all eight seasons of Red Dwarf and numerous British mysteries.
- paramount plus (opens in new tab) ($25 – $100): The ultimate gift for Star Trek fans, this network offers exclusive access to all new Star Trek shows including Discovery, Lower Deck and Picard. It also has all his current CBS shows and Nickelodeon content for kids. It’s only $49/year (with ads), but the ad-free version is $99/year.
- netflix (opens in new tab) (Any amount): The great thing about this card is that even if the gift recipient is already on Netflix, they can always use it to upgrade their plan or pay months in advance. is.
- Spotify (opens in new tab) ($10 – $60): The most popular music service has something for everyone. If your gift recipient already has a single-user subscription, they may wish to use additional credits to move to a family ($14.99/month) subscription.
- Hulu (opens in new tab) ($25 – $50): Get access to dozens of movies, network TV shows, and original programming like The Handmaid’s Tale and Castle Rock.
- HBO Max (opens in new tab) ($99.99 for 1 year): With all of Warner’s new movies coming straight to HBO Max, this makes a great gift. However, there is no gift code, so basically you need to ask someone knowledgeable to replace it.
- audible ($45 for 3 months): Lots of stories and fairy tales to keep you entertained at Christmas and beyond.
5. MatterHackers 3D Printed Gift Card
If your recipient is interested in 3D printing, there is no better place to get gift cards than MatterHackers. Our online store has everything from exclusive, high-quality custom filament to 3D printers and accessories. Cards are available in denominations from $25 to $1000.
6. Online game service
Sure, givers have a powerful gaming system with lots of games, but do they have the necessary subscriptions to play online and broadcast streams? There are several subscriptions available. Unfortunately, the best offerings here are primarily for console gamers.
- Xbox game pass ultimate (opens in new tab) ($14.99 per month): This plan lets you play over 100 games for free on Xbox, PC, or cloud-based games.
- playstation plus (opens in new tab) ($37.99 for 3 months): If your gift recipient has a PlayStation 4 or 5, this membership allows you to play multiplayer games online, store your data in the cloud, and enjoy You can also get some free game titles.
- nintendo switch online (opens in new tab) ($34 for 1 year): Play multiplayer Switch games and get free access to some classic Nintendo titles.
7. Minecraft and Roblox
Minecraft is the perfect game for players young and old. It’s basically a virtual Lego that lets you create your own weird and wonderful worlds and adventures. The game itself is available on every platform imaginable, and even if you already own the base game, you can buy Minecoins, the in-game currency to buy Minecraft skins and other add-on items.
Roblox is a game that gives gamers the opportunity to play a wide variety of games created using adventures created by many players. The game is free to play, but there are many cosmetics that can be purchased using Roblox currency.
8. New Egg Gift Card
Newegg is known for its large selection of products and often the highest prices on computer components. Giving a Newegg gift card puts credit towards gifting a nice technician.
9. Adafruit Gift Card
If your gift recipient likes doing electronics projects with a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or other kind of single-board computer, and you don’t, you should start. Adafruit gift certificates are the best option. Adafruit not only stocks all major single-board computers and microcontrollers (all versions of the Raspberry Pi, for example), but also a whole world of add-on boards, RGB light setups, robot kits, and more. .
The company is more than just a distributor. Most of our custom boards and accessories are made in our New York City factory. His MacroPad RP2040 from the company is his one of our favorite programmable keypads.
By purchasing an Adafruit gift certificate, you are also happy to support this great business. Founded in 2005 by Limor “Ladyada” Fried, Adafruit employs over 100 people and is dedicated to helping everyone learn more about her STEM. The site has a vibrant community and over 2,000 of his tutorials to help you do everything from creating LED signs to soldering and designing her RGB clothing.
10. Pimoroni Gift Card
Based in the UK, Pimoroni is another Maker electronics site focused on Raspberry Pi and microcontroller products. However, Pimoroni has different options than his Adafruit, including the company’s programmable conference badges, eInk displays, and retro arcade kits. Gift cards are available at prices ranging from £10 to £100. This is a UK company but ships to the US and elsewhere without hassle.
11. Twitch Gift Cards
If the giver enjoys the content on Twitch.tv and wants to support their favorite streamer, they can send a Twitch Gift Card. You can use credits to buy or gift ‘subs’ and buy ‘bits’ to show your support for streamers.