The average Federal Funds Rate from 1955 to 2023 is 4.62%
- The average federal funds rate from January 1, 1955 to May 17, 2023 is 4.62%. We are now in a normal interest rate regime.
- The problem is now the total debt to GDP (about 120%), which will become even more costly to pay off if interest rates continue to rise.
- Due to high maintenance costs, debtthis will erode other areas such as healthcare and education, shrinking the pie and further collapsing society.
- look to 2032. Interest costs are expected to reach $1.2 trillion, making it the largest spending program, surpassing Medicaid ($789 billion) and Defense ($990 billion).
- The only way is for GDP to grow faster than bonds and debt, which is highly unlikely, especially given an aging and declining population.
The post Average Federal Funds Rate from 1955 to 2023 is 4.62% first appeared on CryptoSlate.