Think PC games. Think Steam. In particular, you can’t escape Valve’s behemoths. steam deck Arrived on site. But Steam isn’t the only outlet for games. GoG, Epic, Amazon, and Origin (EA) are all established names in the space, all with their own launchers.
Behind the scenes, Steam has a feature that allows you to launch non-Steam games without opening multiple launchers. Best of all, these games may also work with Steam Link on mobile devices. Chromebookslaptop, or Raspberry Pi.
This how-to will show you how to add your game to Steam, and how to add custom backgrounds and logos to match the Steam games in your library. We have successfully tested Cyberpunk 2077 via GoG, Star Wars: Squadrons via Origin (EA), and Redout via Epic. All of these games worked perfectly on our desktop. Ryzen 5 5600X 32GB DDR4 and NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti. Steam Link worked for 2 of the 3 games I tested, but Redout was the only one that failed to launch via Steam Link on my Samsung TV.
Adding non-Steam games to Steam
Steam has long supported non-Steam games, but the ability to add them is built into the Steam app. It only takes minutes to add Origin, Epic and GoG games to your Steam library.
1. Open Steam and[ゲームを追加]then click[Steam 以外のゲームを追加]Choose.
2. [参照]Click to search for games. If the game was automatically detected, select it from the list. Our game was saved on another drive and was not detected automatically.
3. Select the game executable,[開く]Click.
Four. Make sure the entry is highlighted in the list When [選択したプログラムを追加]Click to add the game to your Steam library.
Five. Go to Library and click on Games. Our tests included the Origin/EA game Star Wars: Squadrons.
6. Click on the settings gear,[プロパティ]Choose.
7. Rename the game, close the window and save. The name is inherited from the game executable.
Add custom backgrounds and logos
The non-Steam game is in your game library, but it doesn’t seem to be part of it right now. Missing custom backgrounds and logos to match Steam peers. Thankfully, this is a simple task with just a few clicks.
1. Download custom backgrounds for games. used Steam Grid DB Find and download backgrounds for non-Steam games.
2. Click on the game in your Steam library, after that right click banner When [カスタム背景を設定]Choose.
3. Select the downloaded background image It replaces the blank banner.
Four. Right click on the background and select[カスタム ロゴの設定]Choose. This will add the logo to the bottom left of the background banner image. This will not change the game icon in your library. This is set via the executable.
Five. Select logo image Appears in the lower left corner of the background banner.used again Steam Grid DB as an image source.