Record-breaking BTC options set to expire with over $4B notional value
- Tomorrow (March 31), the notional value of just over $4 billion in Bitcoin options expires.
- This would be a record high for options open interest.
- The biggest pain is about $24,000.
- The open interest is 81,100 BTC for call options and 60,4450 BTC for put options.
- This leaves the market with a put/call ratio of 0.75.
- crypto slate previously explained that Bitcoin liquidity conditions are at their lowest level in 10 months. This can cause prices to go up or down quickly.
- Open interest in options is significantly higher than open interest in futures for the first time, according to Glassnode data.
Post-record-breaking BTC options expiring at over $4 billion notional value first appeared on CryptoSlate.